Monday, March 5, 2012

Chocolate Chip Blondies

      Here is the next recipe sent to me by my Grandma in PA who makes some of the best desserts.  The title of this recipe is "Chocolate Chip Blondies!" I was a little nervous to make it but it tastes amazing and lasted less than 24 hours in my house! It's a really GOOD, moist, fluffy, gooey, chocolate chip cookie bar! 

     While I have the chance I want to let all my readers know that most of the recipes on this blog are really simple, but sometimes simple is best!   

The Ingredients
MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE DRY INGREDIENTS AND THE WET INGREDIENTS SEPARATE WHEN YOU ARE INITIALLY MIXING THEM TOGETHER!
(Trust me, learn from someone who made this mistake in a previous
 recipe and it came out all wrong. =) )
Don't add the dry ingredients all at once,
 instead add it in small portions.
The more chocolate chips you put in the better!


Try not to eat all the batter.





This stuff is waaayyy better then normal chocolate chip cookies.

The finished product - it's not too light, not too dark, but just right - golden (thus the name blondie).

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
  • In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla just until blended.
  • In another medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; add to brown sugar mixture, in parts. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Spread into a well greased 13 x 9 in. baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into bars or just devour.
  • (PS - My Mom thinks this could taste even better with some chopped walnuts added!)

This is what I found about 30 minutes after it came out of the oven!
 This recipe is definitely a keeper!

GB2
Hopefully by now you guys remember what this means. ;)
No, it's not Grace's Belly, Goggle Boggle.
Ok...I'll remind you again, it means God Bless, GO BAKE!!!


This recipe can also be found here at the Taste of Home website.


Is there something you love about my blog or something you would like to see changed? 
Please let me know in the comment section below.

5 comments:

  1. YUM. These look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Ben that I've never really liked my own chocolate chip cookies...I'll have to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these last night...added 1/2 cup toasted pecans, which were a great addition. I also used 1.5 cups of chocolate chips, because 1 cup just didn't seem like enough...but it was overkill. Maybe I should just trust you next time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always like to turn my recipes into science experiments and try new things...whether it makes sense or not.
      I like the idea of pecans. =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...