Thursday, July 26, 2012

Almond Toffee Brickle

This summer has been great, but it's not over...yet. So while it's still summer we have a chance to try something new and with a couple of guests too. Guess who??? I'm starting to sound like Dr. Seuss.  I guess I'm a poet and I don't know it. Anyway my three guests were my cousin (who's one year old), my aunt, and my mother. It made for a lovely day of ohhhh look at the baby laugh when Grace spills something. She was very distracting. =)


The Ingredients


BTW, you don't need 4 sticks of butter, these sticks were only 1/4 cup.

My aunt pouring the ooey gooey mixture.




We had a wonderful audience...
until someone got distracted by a CA orange. =)


Ingredients:
40 saltine crackers
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter ( 2 sticks )
12 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds
Created by: Debbie Calhoun, Big Pool PA

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cover bottom and sides of jelly roll pan with aluminum foil. Place crackers side by side, not overlapping. Set aside.

2. Melt butter in saucepan. Add brown sugar, and bring to a rolling boil. Boil exactly 3 minutes; stir often. Remove from heat and pour immediately over saltines. Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees.

3. Take out of oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chocolate to melt a few minutes, then spread evenly. Remove foil and break (do not cut) into small pieces. Store in refrigerator in plastic containers.


I had so much fun making this recipe with my aunt and our audience carefully watching us, making sure nothing was spilled. In the end everything turned out wonderfully and was eaten up as quickly as we made it.



GB2- God Bless, Go Bake!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, we make this every Christmas. It's seriously the best toffee ever!! I think I could eat the whole pan myself. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I definitely agree with eating the whole pan... =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...