|The Chubby Wubby liked it!!!!|
I'm a little nervous making new things, but everyone in my family (except my brother Luke, he's got funny taste buds) liked it.
|Ingredients for muffins|
|Ingredients for icing and topping|
|Yeast... it smells like baby drool. =/|
|Stirring the dough gives you a workout...this makes me sore just thinking about it.|
|The topping, it's supposed to be crumbly but I added around 2tbsp of honey to it. =)|
|A lesson in patience, waiting for the yeast to rise..... I still need to work on this.|
|Raisins, a special request from Daddy.|
|A swirly tornado of cinnamon.|
|Bubbling cinnamon buns, screaming for icing!|
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
4 tsp active dry or rapid rise yeast
2/3 cup warm milk (100-110F; low fat is fine)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
2 tbsp butter, slightly melted
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
|My second piece.|
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tbsp milk or cream
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Dissolve the yeast in a measuring cup filled with the warmed milk, then stir in milk mixture, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and egg into the flour mixture.
2. Mix well, until very smooth. Pour into greased cupcakes tins and let rest for 15 minutes.
3. While the dough rests, mix together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl using a fork until all the butter has been incorporated into the sugar and mixture is crumbly. Divide the cinnamon sugar evenly on top of rested dough and press the mixture down into the dough with your fingertips (or swirl in with a spatula.)
4. Place pan into a cold oven, then set the oven temperature to 350F.
Bake for about 20 minutes, until bread is lightly browned at the edges and the center of the bread springs back when lightly pressed. Some of the sugar mixture on top may still be bubbling. Cool for at least 30 min.
5. Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together to form an icing and drizzle onto the bread.
Serve warm. Leftovers can be reheated in the microwave.
|They loved it.|
GB2- God Bless, Go BAKE!
Wow, I have been tracking my stats and it's been really fun seeing all the different countries (Argentina, Ukraine, Russia, New Zealand, Germany, Philippines, Fiji, United Kingdom, U.S, United Arab Emirates) that people have been reading my blog from. It really is a small world.
(I just got the song stuck in my head...sigh.)
Anyway, thank you faithful readers!!!
Salamat Po! =) (for my Philippine friends)