Friday, June 8, 2012

Graduation Caps

Who would have thought that you could make such a cute
graduation cap out of candy?!?!
I think we have a new trend here!
Guess what? Did you know that there are some lucky people out in this world that are graduating? Yup this world...like there is any other world!?!? Anyway, what a great reason to celebrate after all of that hard work! (I finished junior high this year and I'm just a blink away from high school.) We should also celebrate the outfits too, I mean they are sort of cute and you only get to wear them once (or twice or maybe even 3 or 4 times) in a life time.  And why not make them once in your lifetime too, the edible version that is.


The Ingredients

Whoever thought that Reese's could make such a cute hat?
(No worries, I didn't know till about 24 hours ago either.)

My icing looks like a Hershey Kiss and my Reese's cup looks like the bottom of a cupcake.
(It's 10 P.M. and my imagination is...well, very unimaginable.)

You can tell I'm not a fashion adviser/color coordinator...I'm a baker,
although I wouldn't mind being a wedding coordinator one day.  I've already volunteered
to do the job for a number of people, but so far no takers.  I mean really, what's so scary about
a 14-year-old wedding coordinator? =)

Usually the stuff I make tastes better than it looks, but with this little creation it was the other way around. Prepare to be bombarded with ohhhs and ahhhs as you walk through the room with curious onlookers, wondering how on earth you made these.


Oh yes, and it might be helpful to have the recipe while making these. The recipe calls for any colors you would like to use, so I chose green because it was the graduate's school color and I added yellow and brown MMs because they seemed to match!



And because it's a special time of year, I have a special ending line...
God Bless, Go Bake, and God Bless the Graduates!!!

Proverbs 3:5,6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...