Friday, August 3, 2012

No Wait Sticky Buns

Everyone loves the idea of a warm bun, whether sticky, slimy, gooey, or crispy. It sounds so good but it's definitely not that way for the baker. When I think of these buns, I imagine rolling, waiting, messes, and more waiting. Fortunately my grandmother always has the best time saving recipes. =)




















I loved having someone else show me their recipe. All I had to do was take the pictures!
The leaning tower of Pillsbury biscuits.

"No pressure Grandma!"


My grandmother is the neatest person I know.  Hopefully I got a few of those genes. =)



Ingredients:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup chopped pecans

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cinnamon
2 cans (17.3 g)  refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits  (The crescent ones will not work!)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium saucepan.  Cook on low to medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Add chopped pecans and stir. Carefully pour mixture into an ungreased 9x13 pan.

2. Cut buns in half, and roll in cinnamon sugar until all sides are covered. Place cut side down in pan, bake for 25- 30 min. Take buns out and wait at least 5 minutes before flipping over onto a big sheet of aluminum foil.



Have you ever tried a new dessert and fell in love with it? You know the one that's always on your mind, but you just don't make it, then a few years later you finally give in and make it and you wonder why on earth you didn't make it sooner.

Warning:  Please don't do that with this recipe.  It's too good to wait too many years before you make it.  =)



GB2- God Bless, Go BAKE!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these sticky buns look amazing! I love that you get the homemade, scent-of-cinnamon-wafting-through-the-house thing with the convenience of not having to wait. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I definitely love the part of not having to wait!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...