Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peach Pie


While visiting family back in PA, I had the awesome, wonderful, stupendous opportunity to watch and document my Aunt Lori baking her famous peach pie!  Aunt Lori is a good cook and that's a good thing because she has 3 hungry guys in her house to feed.  She's very neat like my Grandma and makes things so perfectly. 


Famous Chambersburg, PA peaches!










When I Googled peach pie there were around 10 blogs solely devoted to coming up with dozens of ways to make peach pie.

We both decided, really quickly, that we would rely on blender power!




I loved baking with my Aunt Lori, but she had a rule, "only pictures of the food please." 
But I managed to get a shot of her hand. =)


1,2,3...wait a second, 4,5.   
It took awhile for my camera to work but at least everyone was smiling.
Aunt Lori's family enjoying delicious peach pie while watching
the tractor pull at the Shippensburg Fair!

Soothing peach pie and thunderous tractors - what a combination!










Ingredients:
10 inch pie crust (unbaked)
1 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp. flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 egg beaten
2 1/2 cup fresh peaches

Combine and mix ingredients until smooth (except peaches). Add peaches to mixture and pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.

Streusel topping
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbsp. butter (soft)
6 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Mix with a fork. Put on hot pie. Put a few chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans, or almonds) on top; return to oven for 10 minutes.



There were a lot of us there, so everyone got a small piece.    

While at the fair we won three goldfish, but unfortunately they didn't live very long. We couldn't help but give them silly names like Plunger, Flushy, and T.P. We had fun with them while they were around but sadly they died on the second day. Well maybe they ended up in the ocean, that's where Nemo went...right?




GB2- God Bless, Go BAKE!!!


4 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow myb blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made a peach pie but it definitely looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting the privilege to learn how to bake something a grandma or older adult makes. I feel like it's passing on a family tradition even if it's just one recipe. I love peach cobbler, but my favorite part is the crust, which this pie has plenty of. Love the idea of the streusel on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely loved baking with my aunt and a lot of my other family there, the streusel was new to me too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...