Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cinnamon Cheesecake Bars

The first time I laid eyes on these beautiful cheesecake bars was on a Wednesday night at the chapel. Although they tasted really good, they seemed rather  complex to make. A friend of ours, Mrs Joanne Johnson, she's a really good cook, posted it on my Mom's Facebook wall and I just had to try it! The real name of this recipe is Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars. I have no idea how to pronounce that...so I'll just give them the nickname Cinnamon Cheesecake Bars.

The Ingredients (Anyone notice anything in the cream cheese?)
I took my own advice and stirred this by hand... I think I'll go back to a mixer.
The first layer.


My hand whipped cream cheese mix. It's not as smooth as when you use the mixer, oh well.
Make sure to pinch the edges of the crescent dough! Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the dough won't mind if you pinch an inch. ; )



I like to pretend I'm an artist. =)

I think I played with my butter to much, because the cinnamon sugar is supposed to dissolve. =/

It's done!

Ingredients:
2 cans crescent rolls
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese (room temp)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350F.
  2. Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls and lay flat in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Stretch the rolls to cover the bottom of the pan. Pinch any seams closed.
  3. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla until combined and smooth.
  4. Spread this over top of the crescent roll.
  5. Unroll your remaining can of crescent rolls and lay this on top of the cream cheese mixture, again, pinching closed any open seams.
  6. Pour your melted butter on top of the crescent roll.
  7. In a bowl, mix the remaining sugar and tablespoon of cinnamon together and sprinkle that evenly on top of butter.
  8. Bake for 30 minutes until top is golden brown.
  9. Let cool for approximately 20 minutes and then put in refrigerator to completely chill before cutting into squares.

I hope you guys liked this recipe!  As I said before if you have any tips, recipes, or suggestions, please feel free to leave a comment! Whoa, 1,000 views, thanks faithful viewers! =)

GB2- God Bless, Go BAKE!

I wonder what's going to happen to GB2 if Tim Tebow doesn't play for the Broncos next year? (for those of you who don't follow football like my brother does, GB2 is Tim Tebow's motto and stands for "God bless, Go Broncos.") 
Any thoughts on that???

2 comments:

  1. I really like the first picture you got of the cinnamon sprinkling, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tim Tebow should go with the 49ers..... Just Sayin'.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...