Friday, July 13, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes

Number 1 pancakes for a number 1 winner.
Pretty impressive since he just started practicing a few weeks ago.
Today, or at least what was today, (7/7/12) was a looong day. I got up early and got myself ready to run a whopping 1 mile race. For some of us that's our worst nightmare. 5,280 feet is a looong way. For others it's a piece of cake, or maybe a piece of pancake. For my cousin it sure was, he ran a mile in only 5:42.  As for me, you don't really want to know my time, but I will tell you about the delicious pancakes that my cousin made for us after the race...

The Ingredients - Notice my Aunt Lori's cute tablecloth.
I'm blogging from another kitchen today!



It took me awhile to explain exactly why I had to take the bowl outside.



The rule for my baking partner was to pretend I wasn't there, which didn't work very well.
He kept bumping into me...sigh....at least he tried.
chomp, chomp, chomp
Ingredients:

1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 cups "Baker's Corner Baking Mix"
1 1/3 cups milk
A desirable amount of blueberries, chocolate chips, or bananas.

Directions:

Heat griddle or electric skillet to 400 degrees. If using a frying pan over top of range, set to medium-high temperature. Melt a little bit of butter on the pan, so the pancakes don't stick. Cooking surface is ready when a few drops of water boil and disappear when sprinkled on the surface.

Stir all ingredients together until smooth. Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup of batter onto the cooking surface. Cook until bubbles form on the surface (about one minute). Turn and cook until bottom color matches top (about one minute).

"What I say is true - anyone can cook...but only the fearless can be great." (a quote from Ratatouille)  So I searched Pinterest and found a couple of pancake recipes that were obviously made by the "fearless", one for him and one for her.  Why not give them a try...


Bacon Pancakes...sweet and...savory?

This is a little more dainty and ladylike, very cute!



GB2- God Bless, Go BAKE!!!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...